Press & Testimonials
- "If the words 'healthful [chicken] pot pie' seem oxymoronic (or too good to be true), check out the chicken pot pies at Eat Local. Made with locally raised chicken from the Snoqualmie Valley and Boistfort Valley Farm Vegetables, these pies are topped with a round of surprisingly flaky whole-wheat pastry" -Seattle Magazine
- "Eat Local is dedicated to providing frozen prepared meals that can go straight into the oven or microwave. What sets this shop apart from other companies that offer "gourmet" frozen meals is that Eat Local endeavors to fulfill the conviction implied by its name: All the produce and meats used are sustainably raised (organic, free-range, grass-fed), come from within a several-hundred-mile radius, and are seasonal." -Hsino-Ching Chou, Seattle PI
The Seattle Times
- " 'Busy people these days can't spend two hours preparing a great meal for themselves or their families,' [Conner] says, 'but they still want the quality and don't want to use all processed food.' Conner's approach is to add value to local food by preparing it for the consumer, who can take it home, thaw and reheat it." -Harley Stoles, Seattle Times
- "For those [customers] who want to know where their food comes from, Conner can tell them. That's no small feat, Conner has learned. In the global food chain, it's easier and cheaper to buy apple juice from Chinese concentrate than cider pressed from apples in Wenatchee. It took his chefs dozens of phone calls to find the right rancher, for instance, providing Methow Valley beef raised on grass." -Linda Mapes, Seattle Times
- "With the gospel of locally produced food winning more adherents by the day -- not just at the farmers market, but among your favourite restaurants and chefs who want to do the right thing -- it's only natural that the premade-meal market would follow suit. Eat Local in Queen Anne specializes in frozen take-home dinners crafted with ingredients sourced from organic and sustainable farms within a few hundred miles of Seattle." -Cody Ellerd, NW Source
- "Its like having a personal chef that scours the farmers markets during the week then loads up your freezer with delicious ready to heat and eat entrees. Really, its absolute convenience without a hint of compromise- no concessions are made on quality ingredients nor on the spectacular dishes that contain them." - Cheriepicked.com
Million Dollar Road Trip
- "Eat Local is not only awesome in principal, the food is incredible. It's apparent others agree." -Million Dollar Road Trip
What our customers say:
- "If I paid myself labour costs & bought the ingredients to make the quality of dishes Eat Local offers, it'd be at least several times the cost. And then I'd have to clean up which would be even more expensive I would have used every pot, pan, bowl, utensil." -JP W.
- "While it is somewhat small and harder to navigate at first because it's an unfamiliar operation compared to corporate grocery markets, I feel assured that I am getting something special, and I am supporting a business that does good for the community." -Rachael H.
- "Dinner was delicious and I had enough for lunch. Each dish had just the right amount of each ingredient to give every bite a rich and flavourful finish." -Briana W.
- "This is a great store! I had been wanting to check it out for awhile, since I'd heard some good things... and it did not disappoint. I can't think of anywhere else in Seattle where you can get this kind of service." -Katie S.
- "I am so, so, so happy about this place! It not only spares me from cooking, it rescues me from the disaster that is processed frozen food. Eat Local does all the work for me, and I just get to sit back and enjoy the tastiness while congratulating myself on saving the planet. Yay!" -Amie S
- "It is truly PERFECT for the (many) nights we just don't have the time or energy to get dinner on- amazing food, and we know it's locally sourced and organic so we feel great about it too." -Shannon P
- "Such a great place to go to for dinner ideas, without the need to go grocery shopping. The food is amazing!" -Kristi K.
- "I can have many great entrees ready to go in the freezer that I can heat up for dinner and know that the ingredients are healthy, local and the meals taste great!!" -Marie
- "Your donation helps us provide service to our friends and neighbours affected by HIV/AIDS in our community. It is the efforts of committed, compassionate people like you that keep our programs strong!" -Randall Russell, Lifelong AIDS Alliance
- "Because of you, we are able to make a difference." -Pat Sobeck, Queen Anne Helpline
- "We're glad to count you among the friends and supporters who make possible not just our events, but our mission to protect the public health and environment of Washington State." -Maureen Judge, Washington Toxics Coalition
- "Your donation helps continue the academic and spiritual success of St. Anne School." -Andrea Nakata, St. Anne School
- "Your contribution helped make a better future for hundreds of Latino immigrant individuals and families." -Liz Mendez, Casa Latina
- "Your in-kind donation allows TIPS to continue offering life-changing work experience to our interns, providing leadership training, and ensuring that the leaders of tomorrow will be compassionate to the social needs in their communities." -Cathy Michalec, Teens in Public Service
- "Your generous support helped us raise a record-breaking $810,000--we are thrilled and stunned with the generosity of our donors and bidders in this tough economy." -Denise Beard, Seattle Humane Society
- "Your generosity will help ensure our ability to provide today's students with the academic excellence they require in and outside the classroom." -Linda Hulten, Seattle University
- "Your generosity will truly make a difference for the students at Nova High School." -BJ Ohlweiler, Nova High School
- "With your support, ESC will continue to provide hands-on learning experiences at local beaches, forests, and streams to more than 9,000 South King County school children in the upcoming year." -Caroline Bobanik, Environmental Science Center
- "Your generous contribution will help us to achieve [our] mission!" -Jennifer Annable, Academy for Precision Learning
- "Your auction donation supports our mission to provide affordable housing and services to low income individuals and families throughout the Puget Sound area." -Cindy Jackson, Compass Housing Alliance
- "Your heartfelt giving proves that our community is united in securing the possibility for all children at Spruce Street School to Follow Their Hearts!" -Shana MacLeod, Spruce Street School